Subject: Accessing SOLSTICE high resolution daily averages with get_l3_hr.pro

From: Barry Knapp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 14:04:59 -0600

Ben,

The IDL service to retrieve the SOLSTICE high resolution daily averages
is called get_l3_hr.pro.  It is located in /aldebaran/d/solstice, and
there is a documentation file there as well, get_l3_hr.doc.

In order to use this service you will need to have /aldebaran/d/solstice
in your IDL path.  Also, it requires a few of my utility functions, so
you'll also need ~knapp/idllib in your IDL path.  If you've been using
get_l3_ts and get_l3_sp, chances are your IDL path already has both of
these paths.  If not, put the following setenv command in your .cshrc
file:

   setenv IDL_PATH \
      $IDL_PATH:~knapp/idllib:+/aldebaran/d/solstice

Get_l3_hr is self-documenting; if you invoke it without any parameters
you get a brief usage synopsis, and if you invoke it with the /help
keyword, you get the entire .doc file more'd to your display.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Barry