Subject: Need to change your IDL_PATH for new SOLSTICE data location

From: Barry Knapp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 13:23:28 -0600

Hello SOLSTICE data users,

As a result of the reconfiguration of the SOLSTICE disks, the SOLSTICE data
files accessed by the IDL services get_l3_ts, get_l3_sp, get_l3_hr, etc.
have moved.  So in order to continue using these services, you will need to
change your IDL_PATH environment variable in your .cshrc file.  Here is the
typical setenv command which most of you probably have, in both its old
and new forms:

OLD (no longer works):

   setenv IDL_PATH ~knapp/idllib:+/aldebaran/d/solstice:$IDL_PATH

NEW (note change of /aldebaran/d to /aldebaran/proj):

   setenv IDL_PATH ~knapp/idllib:+/aldebaran/proj/solstice:$IDL_PATH

Your actual setenv command may be some variation of the above.  If so,
just change the /aldebaran/d to /aldebaran/proj.

Please let me or Mark Henneberry know if you have any problem accessing
the SOLSTICE IDL services after you make this change.

Barry

p.s. some of you in the cc: list may get two copies of this message--I couldn't
remember who was in the solstice alias.