Subject: Global Mean Model

From: Syed Azeem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 08:51:30 -0400 (EDT)

I am working on a project on Global Change for a class taught by Prof. 
Killeen. For simulation purposes I am using Roble's 1D Global mean model. 
The version we have here at Space Physics Research Lab, I believe is an 
old one since it does not take into account of methane. The 
version that Roble used for his calculations [GRL Dec. 1989] included 
methane chemistry. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to 
provide us with the newer version of the global mean model. I mentioned 
this issue with Tim Killeen and Alan Burns. Both suggested that I should 
contact you. Alan Burns has agreed to download the software from your 
site ( I guess he has user privileges at your site !) once he know where 
to find it. I am running the model on a unix workstation. I guess you run 
(or ran) your model on a cray. If there is a variant of global mean model 
that I can run on unix (Sun Sparc or HP), I would most appreciate if you 
could assist us in getting a copy of it. Thanks

Irfan Azeem
Space Physics Research Lab
University of Michigan