Subject: plots

From: Jeffrey Forbes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:18:57 -0600 (MDT)

Ben, the color plots for days 114, 115, 116 that I copied from'
your account are apparently not suitable for use in our document
(see message below from my graphics art person).  Can you generate
NW equivalents ?  Jeff

>From [email-masked] Mon Apr 28 23:09 MDT 1997
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 01:10:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: T114-116 files are color?
Content-Length: 954
Status: R

Jeff:
  Downloaded the three T114.ps -T116.ps files, and opened one in Adobe
Illustrator. This is a color file, and the designated page 6 is a b/w page.
  As QuarkXPress will automatically generate color printing plates when any
color images are on a page, these files are not suitable, unless you can
furnish them to me in b/w.
  Checking the "wave" file on page 35, I see it also has color values
assigned (even though just b/w displays on screen, the tonal variations
apparently were specified as RGB color values). Again, this is unfortunately
not suitable as is.
  And there's no easy way to convert these manually, as I can do with photos
in Photoshop. After checking the Adobe forum on AOL tonight, there was some
mention of an AI plug-in filter that automatically converts from color to
grayscale. But it's part of a $100.00 set, and nothing I've worked with
before.
  Probably simpler to find replacement artwork, or some other format.

  ...pt