From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Hernandez)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 89 22:11:17 PST

Ben:

As per conversation with Ray, I am sending you the programs and data for
plotting in the same manner as we do in our graphs.  For your
convenience, I have enclosed the original data of 0423 you had sent
earlier for you to see the process it underwent in order to be plotted.

You should get the original raw data ( which includes the winds,
temperature, etc. ), followed by a file where the winds have been
extracted as 50 number groupings of data.  I will call them ray_raw and
ray_uv.

Program ray_plot transforms ray_uv into a set of data in magnetic
coordinates and time.  The output of this program is used by program
ray_graps to provide you with a grap-compatible file for plotting with
a UNIX machine  ( grap is the plotting part of troff ).

Last, a script of how I use grap files is enclosed.  From there you will
see what changes are necessary in your system.

As provided to you.  The treatment of the data in the correct sequence
should give you the same results as the enclosed grap file ( except the
So. Pole experimental data will not be superposed ).  You can easily
superpose the experimental data by simply adding your output to the grap
file when the `dashed arrow' part begins.  In simpler terms, copy the
present grap file, delete beyond where the first `dashed arrow' begins,
and append your newly created file to the end.

Best of luck,

Gonzalo

P.S.  You should have gotten 7 messages altogether....