Subject: Re: cirris run

From: [email-masked] (John Wise)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 07:52:07 -0400

Ben
   Here are the six cases:
      History Volume          mday:ut         lat,   lon

RGR95/TSCIR23           30:16           -52.5, 130.
RGR95/TSCIR23           30:17           -12.5, 160
RGR95/TSCIR23           30:17           -47.5,  35.
RGR95/TSCIR25           31:02           -42.5, -35.
RGR95/TSCIR25           31:03            67.5,  95.
RGR95/TSCIR25           31:03            47.5,  55.

and I have some other info about what we ran for the histories.  Looks like
we did every 3 hours?

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 10:02:18 -0700
From: Ben Foster <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: timegcm run

John and Sam:

Ray has finished a new time-gcm run for CIRRIS comparisons.
Below is a list of the history volumes with their corresponding
model times and dates. You can run tgcmproc on these. I will
be testing the concurrent model processor to get cooling rates.

--Ben

Timegcm (tgcm20) run for CIRRIS comparisons (made 10-11/95):
(time varying hp,cp,by,f107d,f107a were provided)

History Volume          Mday:ut                 Day             Date

RGR95/TSCIR01           27:00->27:03            91116           4/26/91
RGR95/TSCIR02           27:04->27:07            91116           4/26/91
RGR95/TSCIR03           27:08->27:11            91116           4/26/91
RGR95/TSCIR04           27:12->27:15            91116           4/26/91
RGR95/TSCIR05           27:16->27:19            91116           4/26/91
RGR95/TSCIR06           27:20->27:23            91116           4/26/91

RGR95/TSCIR07           28:00->28:03            91117           4/27/91
RGR95/TSCIR08           28:04->28:07            91117           4/27/91
RGR95/TSCIR09           28:08->28:11            91117           4/27/91
RGR95/TSCIR10           28:12->28:15            91117           4/27/91
RGR95/TSCIR11           28:16->28:19            91117           4/27/91
RGR95/TSCIR12           28:20->28:23            91117           4/27/91

RGR95/TSCIR13           29:00->29:03            91118           4/28/91
RGR95/TSCIR14           29:04->29:07            91118           4/28/91
RGR95/TSCIR15           29:08->29:11            91118           4/28/91
RGR95/TSCIR16           29:12->29:15            91118           4/28/91
RGR95/TSCIR17           29:16->29:19            91118           4/28/91
RGR95/TSCIR18           29:20->29:23            91118           4/28/91

RGR95/TSCIR19           30:00->30:03            91119           4/29/91
RGR95/TSCIR20           30:04->30:07            91119           4/29/91
RGR95/TSCIR21           30:08->30:11            91119           4/29/91
RGR95/TSCIR22           30:12->30:15            91119           4/29/91
RGR95/TSCIR23           30:16->30:19            91119           4/29/91
RGR95/TSCIR24           30:20->30:23            91119           4/29/91

RGR95/TSCIR25           31:00->30:03            91120           4/30/91
RGR95/TSCIR26           30:04->30:06            91120           4/30/91

>John:
>
>To get NO and CO2 cooling rates, modelproc (concurrent model proc)
>needs full restart histories. Ray has been saving full restart
>histories only at 12-hr intervals (the hourly histories are
>secondary histories which the model, and therefore modelproc cannot
>start up from).
>
>My records show that the times you needed for the 6 cases were
>April 30 at ut 16 and 17, and May 1 at ut 2 and 3. Is this correct?
>
>I have asked Ray to make a run of model days 30 and 31 (April 30
>and May 1) saving full restart histories hourly. Then I can use
>those with modelproc to get the cooling rates. Does this jive?
>
>--Ben