Subject: TIME-GCM datasets

From: Ray Roble <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:56:14 -0600 (MDT)

------------- Begin Forwarded Message -------------

>From [email-masked] Wed Jul  5 10:45 MDT 2000
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 12:45:36 -0400
From: Alan Lipton <[email-masked]>
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]
Subject: TIME-GCM datasets
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dr. Roble,

I am working on a research and development project involved with
temperature sounding from the National Polar-orbiting Operational
Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS).  For this project, I am seeking
datasets that represent samples of the vertical and/or horizontal
structure of atmospheric temperature through the stratosphere and
mesosphere.   I could use samples of vertical profiles or 3-D data
samples.  In the vertical, I am interested in structure at scales down
to a few kilometers and, in the horizontal, scales down to 100-300 km.

I saw an article in UCAR Quarterly about your TIME-GCM.  I am wondering
whether data suited to my needs might be available from your model or
from some dataset (rocketsondes, or other) you may have used to validate
your model.

I would very much appreciate your letting me know about about any
datasets from your model or elsewhere that you think may be useful for
my project, or any sources of information that you would recommend.

Alan Lipton

-- 
Alan Lipton                                    voice: 617-349-2267
Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc.     fax: 617-661-6479
840 Memorial Dr
Cambridge, MA 02139-3794
------------- End Forwarded Message -------------