Subject: tgcm24proton

From: Ray Roble <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:53:10 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Ben - I hope you had a great trip and I look forward to hearing about it
on monday.
I have run timegcm/henry/tgcm24.yrrunn.inp and tgcm24bs.yrrunn.job to
day 299 of 2003. All worked fine up to there. At that date I tried 
introducing Jackman's protons for 2003 but I cannot get the model to run.
The output problem is in my ntwk directory
tgcm24.94444.out and there is some use associated error. I copied the
subroutines from timegcm/tgcm24proton/modsrc.proton and they are
labeled .protons and the original that worked to day 299 as .noprotons
I moved the .protons into *.F and got the ntwk error. I tried finding
a routine or something I missed in modsrc.proton but could not find anything
to help the problem.
In the meantime I make a branch run for no protons and continued on
in tgcm24.yrrunnnp.inp and tgcm24bs.yrrunnnp.job using modsrc.yrrun1
whereas the case with protons is using modsrc.yrrun2.

See if you can find anything wrong with the setup in modsrc.yrrun2.
Your original message to me is in that file as 
proton.new

Thanks and I will see you at foothills on monday.

--Ray

________________________________________
Raymond G. Roble
High Altitude Observatory
National Center for Atmospheric Research
Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000